Social Icons

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Cusp of the New Year

Descending...
Descending... (Photo credit: Annoysius)
She walked out by the Seminary's porch area, awaiting the transport which will take her to work. With a smile on her face, she said, "It is the eve. We are at the cusp of the New Year!"

Indeed we were.

We just finished about of spiritual direction (SD) and there were several matters we discussed which we set in place for her to get into the New Year on a better footing. Instead of just allowing the year 2014 to enter with a whimper, it would be better to make attempts to renew her position to greet it with a better perspective of life she would like to have as a person and a Christian that can make a difference in a world of today.

Later I shall be celebrating a mass for the Serra Club (Singapore) members at their newly acquired office cum retreat house just down the road from the Seminary. In this time of day between the start of 2014 and the end of 2013, there is a kind of odd feeling of the in-between. I wonder what the new year is going to bring and as I bid 2013 adieu, I know that there is much more I need to do and grow as a priest in my ministry.

For now, I am just thankful to have been able to serve 10 years as being a priest till now. God only knows how I will be a priest for him into next year and ahead. Till then, I'll just carry on the best I can and not be a hindrance to His will.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits