Social Icons

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Can We Just Pray?

Since the last entry, I have been struggling to put down in words some thoughts that have been playing on my mind the past week. I find it rather dfficult to express the series of emotions and experiences that have transpired into written items as I have no proper description to base on to.

Even as I sit here trying to write something useful, I struggle with the images and memories that go past my mind like bits and pieces of a broken movie, making neither head nor tail. Call it a mental block or whatever, but it is a real bummer!

As if to make things worse, this week itself, I have come to note of two persons whom I know who were affected in a tragic manner. One is now fighting for her life in the Singapore General Hospital and the other gave up his life suddenly in an apparent heart attack. There is nothing the doctors can do for the person in hospital, a mother of three, and now it is up to her to recover and regain the vitality she once had.

The one who past away, was a friend of mine where we both entered for seminary studies together - me for the diocese, he for the Redemptorists. He left halfway through his formation, then in Australia, but return and was about to finish his last year (this year) when he died suddenly. He was forty. His name was James Kennedy. He was known to some of the youths here of this parish. Some comments by them here, here and here sums up his contribution and how I myself see him as friend and comrade in this calling to the priesthood. Rest in peace, James!

So, life carries on. I'm still here and wondering if people can spend more time praying for peace, for the infirm and critically ill and for the dead INSTEAD of poking their noses and interfering into other people's business.

Lord of all hopefulness, Lord of all joy,
Whose trust, ever childlike, no care could destroy,
Be there at our waking, and give us we pray,
Your bliss in our hearts, Lord, at the break of the day.
Jan Struther 1901 - 1953
(hymn for Night Prayer)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Making The Right Decision Does Not Come PainFree".

Jesus Grant Me Peace And Strength.

 

On Flickr!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Annoysius. Make your own badge here.

On Blurb

Life is really wort...
By Aloysius Ong

Online Now

Views last 30 days

Hits